Tuesday, 17 July 2012

P-SQUARE OPENS UP ABOUT MOTHERS DEATH

After the demise of their mother, Peter of P-square granted an exclusive interview to Encomium Weekly. Here is an excerpt.
Tell us how your mom really died?

 She's been a diabetic for years and when it started months back, we got good doctors to treat her in Jos. When could not get good results we decided to bring her to Lagos. When she arrived Lagos in company of our sisters, tears filled our eyes seeing our mom in that condition. Jude, my friend and my two sisters took her to India four weeks ago and we talked every hour. The Indian doctors made sure they cleaned everywhere before the surgery, and the operation was successful.

How did you receive the news?

On that fateful day, Wednesday July 11, I went to play soccer with some of my friends, including Jay Jay Okocha and Mikel Obi. When I later saw Jude, his eyes were filled with tears and I saw some of our friends consoling him. The same thing for Paul. That was when I knew she had passed on.

What are the plans to bring her home?

We wanted to travel to India the following day but we changed our plans. No concrete arrangement has been made. But by the grace of God her body would arrive Lagos on the 15th of July.

1 comment:

  1. Diabetes is a deadly disease

    ReplyDelete